Updated: 25 June 2018
Data that we collect
- When you sign up for a BrandStencil account that requires a login, or are invited by a colleague, we store your name and email address.
- When you set or update your password in BrandStencil this is stored against your name. We use a powerful encryption process to protect this.
- When you create artwork using the templating system in either BrandStencil or PosterMaker we store the content you enter (text, colour preference, uploaded images, etc.).
- When you use the ‘Email to a friend’ feature in PosterMaker we collect your name and email address, the recipient’s name and email address and your message. We regularly delete all details and do not store this information.
- When you agree that your poster can be used in the PosterMaker campaign gallery it may become publicly available on the campaign organisation’s website(s).
- As you use BrandStencil or PosterMaker we store log files on the server. These logs are anonymous but may include information such as the page you requested, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and settings, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with BrandStencil. Log files help us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the service and to diagnose and fix any Service-related issues.
Data management and disclosure
- Under no circumstances will we ever sell, distribute or lease any of your data to third parties.
- You own all rights to any assets and resources you have uploaded to BrandStencil or PosterMaker.
- You own all rights to any assets and resources you have created using the template system in BrandStencil or PosterMaker.
- When you delete a resource or a piece of artwork in from your list of Saved Materials in BrandStencil all associated data and files are permanently deleted.
- Account Administrators of your BrandStencil and PosterMaker account have access to view your usage of the system, including all artwork you create. This is necessary for them to manage and monitor usage trends which help them get the best from the system.
- Electric Putty staff (the makers of BrandStencil and PosterMaker) may view your data but only as necessary;
- to maintain, provide and improve the service;
- to resolve a support request from you;
- if we have a good faith belief that such data is in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy;
- as reasonably necessary to allow us to comply with or avoid the violation of applicable law or regulation;
- We may also analyze your data in aggregate and on an anonymized basis in order to better understand the manner in which BrandStencil is being used.
The cookies we use include:
- Google Analytics - to store information on usage and help us understand how users interact with BrandStencil and PosterMaker.
- Laravel Session - this is set automatically by the Laravel framework BrandStencil is written with. It is used to store temporary information such as notification messages while you are using BrandStencil. This has a lifespan of 120 minutes.
- Laravel Session ID - this is used in conjunction with the above and links the data being stored with the current session. This has a lifespan of 1 minute.
How we protect your data
- We own outright all the technology and rights to the BrandStencil and PosterMaker applications.
- We go to every reasonably length to ensure that your data and resources are stored as securely as possible.
- All BrandStencil and PosterMaker data is stored on our secure, UK based server leased from our hosting partner, Clook.
- Only the staff of Electric Putty and Clook have access to this server and will do so only as required to perform required maintenance or resolve an issue.
- For more information on this please refer to our Security Policy document.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Back to top | Print page