This Acceptable Use Policy is relevant for BrandStencil and for PosterMaker, software services developed and owned by Electric Putty. Please read this policy carefully before using either BrandStencil or PosterMaker. If you have any questions please contact us.
About these terms
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you use BrandStencil or PosterMaker including; uploading or downloading content, subscribing to or using the Brandstencil or PosterMaker service, making contact with other users, linking to, or interacting with Brandstencil or PosterMaker in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
BrandStencil and PosterMaker are operated by Electric Putty. (‘We’ or ‘us’). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05237818 and have our registered office at 45 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2BE. Our VAT number is 892367288.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 434676.
By using our services you accept these terms
By using BrandStencil or PosterMaker, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use BrandStencil or PosterMaker.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference. You can also access this Acceptable Use Policy on our website.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We may amend these terms from time to time. We will inform you of the implementation of these changes when you next use the Service.
You may use BrandStencil or PosterMaker only for lawful purposes.
You may not use BrandStencil or PosterMaker
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any:
- Part of BrandStencil or PosterMaker
- Equipment or network on which BrandStencil or PosterMaker is hosted or stored
- Software used in the provision of any part of BrandStencil or PosterMaker, or
- Equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material (including fonts, images and artwork) which you contribute to, upload or manage via BrandStencil or PosterMaker (‘Contribution’), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, at our reasonable discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts)
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions), and
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not, in our opinion:
- Be defamatory of any person
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be in contempt of court
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or any entity (business, charity or other institution)
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Electric Putty or the registered subscriber to Brandstencil (‘Service Subscriber’), if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism, or
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Back to top | Print page